Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
Bilingual Hospitality Training can write your HACCP plan for you!
If you are about to open an establishment or have been open for a long time in Maryland, you will most likely be asked to write a HACCP Plan
At Bilingual Hospitality Training Solutions we know that writing a plan can be a time consuming and often overwhelming task. Let us help you with your HACCP writing needs and to obtain Health Department approval for your HACCP plan. We have over 10 years of combined experience writing plans that have been accepted and approved by Maryland Health Departments. Contact Juliet@bilingualhospitality.com for free estimate.
Our HACCP Plan writing services include:
- Submission of completed written HACCP plan to your local health department within 5-10 days after receiving your data
- Our completed written HACCP plans do include:
- * Facility Menu
- * Identification of each CCP
- * Critical Limits for each CCP
- * Monitoring Procedures for each CCP
- * Corrective Actions for each CCP
- * Verification Procedures
- * Listing of Equipment Used
- * Written Answers to General Food Handling Information & Procedures
- * Standard Operating Procedures
- * Employee HACCP Training Program
- We work directly with your Health Department to achieve approval usually within 1 -45 days depending upon your local health department's response
- Any changes requested by your local Health Department to obtain approval will be made by us and are included in our initial price quote
- Once approved, you will receive a bound copy to be held at facility as required by law
7 principles of HACCP
- Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- Determine Critical Control Points
- Establish Critical Limits
- Establish Monitoring Procedures
- Identify Corrective Actions
- Verify that the system works
- Record Keeping and Documentation
At Bilingual Hospitality we can help you follow the principles as required by law.
What is HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. It is a food safety system of procedures and programs designed to help you and your employees avoid foodborne illnesses from occurring in your establishment. It does this by actively monitoring and controlling the safety of food to prevent, reduce and eliminate biological, chemical or physical hazards in each point in the flow of food. It is a written plan specific to each establishment's menu.
Who requires a HACCP Plan?
Check your local jurisdiction's laws. Since November, 2008, Maryland, as per COMAR 10.15.03, a HACCP Plan is required before opening a high or moderate priority food facility and will be checked every 5 years to confirm the HACCP plan corresponds with the current menu and equipment utilized. If you have been in business for a long time and did not have to write a HACCP plan in the past, you may now be asked to comply with this requirement.
How do you write a HACCP plan and can I write one myself?
Yes, you can write your own HACCP plan; Instructions from the
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Please also see Further Guidelines for Submitting Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans from Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Where can I learn more about HACCP?
Download this informative manual from the FDA: Download